1975: The Glitter Band: Goodbye My Love

1975 / Goodbye My Love / Glitter Band
1975: The Glitter Band release Goodbye My Love

  • Published in 1974, Goodbye My Love was The Glitter Band's fourth consecutive (and their biggest) UK Top 10 hit as an independent act - separate from the now-disgraced Gary Glitter.
  • The track peaked at Number 2 in the British charts for a solitary week in early February 1975.
  • The single which prevented it from hitting the top spot was January by Pilot.
  • The song was written by band member, the late Gerry Shephard, who wrote or co-wrote most of the act's hits.
  • The single is included on the band's 1975 Top 20 album Rock 'n' Roll Dudes.
  • Following Goodbye My Love, The Glitter Band would enjoy three further UK Top 20 hits before glam rock would succumb to the onslaught of punk rock.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment which will appear after moderation.